Click on the job title for full job description.
Nursery Care Provider (posted 8/22/2023)
Reports to: Director of Lifespan Spiritual and Ethical Exploration
Classification: Part-time, hourly nonexempt averaging 2 hours a week, mid-September through mid-June annually (40 weeks)
Schedule: Sunday mornings from 9:30am to 11:30am
In support of the mission and covenant of First Parish in Wayland, the nursery care provider will work with the youngest children of the congregation to engage them with our Unitarian Universalist faith and offer them time for play, exploration and fun.
- Care for children from birth through age 5.
- Read books to children.
- Implement craft project provided by DLSEE
- Tidy the nursery before and after your time with the kids.
- Managing Vision and Purpose. Articulates and supports the vision, mission, and covenant of First Parish and Unitarian Universalism.
- Organizing. Organizes supplies to get things done. Uses time and resources well.
- Interpersonal Relationships. Relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport; builds effective and constructive relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities. Demonstrates the skills of active listening and openly accepts criticism; engages people positively; is regarded as a team player.
- Prefer knowledge of Unitarian Universalism with an ability to articulate our core principles and values.
- An enthusiastic and socially outgoing personality with a good sense of humor.
- Experience working with young children.
- Ability to implement curricula provided.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- CORI check will be required before beginning employment.
Effective Date: September 11, 2023
If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.