The UUA’s proposed new Article II statement includes both Justice and Equity as core values. The statements on Justice read:
- We work to be diverse multicultural Beloved Communities where all thrive.
- We covenant to dismantle racism and all forms of systemic oppression.
- We support the use of inclusive democratic processes to make decisions within our congregations, our Association, and society at large.
The statements on Equity read:
- We declare that every person has the right to flourish with inherent dignity and worthiness.
- We covenant to use our time, wisdom, attention, and money to build and sustain fully accessible and inclusive communities.
Some Questions for You:
How do you feel about these statements as values and as covenants to which we commit our energies?
What is important to you about justice and equity as it relates to being a UU?
This month as we explore Justice and Equity I invite you to take a look at all the areas of social action engagement that First Parish offers. Which ones you either currently or would like to contribute to?
Are there areas you’d like to see First Parish focus put more energy towards?
Are you ready to be a justice leader here at First Parish (if you are not already)?
From Soul Matters here are some great resources to help you explore the above questions.